The Town Council is excited to announce its free summer activities for young people within Emersons and Lyde Green. Please Book via Eventbrite and search for Emersons Green Town Council.
In addition to the usual Youth Works groups on a Monday evening we have booked the following events:
- Monday 29th July Circus Sensible Workshops There will be 4 x 1 hours sessions suitable for children aged 4-11 years. Come along and try different circus skills such as juggling, plate spinning, Chinese Diabalo and beginners stilt walking
- Thursday 8th August Bristol Zoo Small Animal & Conservation Visit Come along to this hour long session and meet some real animals and learn about conservation with members of Bristol Zoo
- Saturday 10th August Wild Walk & Birds of Prey with Steve England Meet with Steve at 10.30 by the Emersons Green Library for a family walk around the town before meeting the Birds of Prey. You are welcome to bring your own picnic.
- Monday 12th August Twin Wave – Music Workshops The first workshop is at 10 – 12.15 and is suitable children ages 3-8 years. You will have fun making music from Junk, singing and moving along. The second workshop is at 13.00 – 15.15 and is suitable for young people aged 9-16 years. This is a music tech workshop which will involve using loop pedals and beats to create your own sounds.
- Thursday 22nd August Fizz Pop Science Workshops We have 2 exciting sessions for ages 5-12 years. 11.00 – 12.00 the Crazy Chemist workshop will see you making liquids change colour and producing slimy putty to take home. 14.00 – 15.00 with the Taste Buddies workshop you will learn about how our taste buds work using all our senses and you will make some fizzy sherbet to take home.
- Thursday 29th August Bristol Zoo Small Animal & Conservation Visit Come along to this hour long session and meet some real animals and learn about conservation with members of Bristol Zoo
All activities will take place at the Lyde Green Community Hall apart from the Wild Walk on 10th August. Activities must be booked through Eventbrite, links will be posted on this website as soon as they are available
It will be necessary for parents/carers to stay with their young people at all sessions, you may even find yourself enjoying them and learning something new! Coffee at Lyde may be available during the sessions so you can take the opportunity to relax whilst the young people have fun!
The animal and science workshops may not be suitable for children with allergies, please contact us before booking if you have any concerns.
If you have any enquiries please contact the team at the Town Council on: email@example.com or by phoning 0117 3026989