A quick history of the Emersons Green area
Mangotsfield has existed for many centuries with Manegodesfelle appearing in the Domesday Book in 1086. The area has been covered by a Parish Council since they were first introduced in 1894.
In 2015 Mangotsfield Rural Parish Council changed its name to Emersons Green Town Council following a Community Governance Review due to the considerable development taking place in the area.
The Emersons Green Town Council area now covers Emersons Green, Lyde Green, Blackhorse, Pomphrey, and parts of Mangotsfield and the edge of Downend.